Safety and Legal Liability
Fatigued employees make more errors, and when they fall asleep on the job the accidents can be disproportionately severe. The peak times of risk are at the circadian low points – in the early pre-dawn hours and in the post-lunch dip. It is not by chance that the most notable industrial accidents in the past 30 years – Exxon Valdez, Chernobyl, Three Mile Island and Bhopal all occurred between midnight and 6AM when human errors of inattention are most likely to occur.
How CIRCADIAN can help you:
- Fatigue Risk Assessment. Identifying the people, tasks and work schedules that contribute most to fatigue risk, and the strategies for best minimizing the risk.
- Accident/Incident Analysis. Drilling down into the root cause of accidents and incidents to determine which are fatigue-related and the best policies and procedures to prevent reoccurrences.
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems. CIRCADIAN provides a comprehensive, multi-faceted approach to minimizing fatigue that is built into your culture, operating systems and values.
- Education & Training. Management and employee education and training are key to minimizing the risk of night shifts, rotating schedules and seamless 24/7 operations.
- Accident Litigation. Consulting and Expert Witness testimony in lawsuits in Federal and State courts