Job Title: Solid-State Lighting Application Engineer
Circadian ZircLight, the lighting subsidiary of CIRCADIAN®, is bringing to market innovative LED lighting systems, which control the circadian timing of human exposure to spectrum-specific wavelengths for industrial, commercial, and residential applications. CIRCADIAN® (www.circadian.com) is the leading international firm assisting over half the Fortune 500 companies to effectively compete in the global 24/7 economy by mitigating the costs, risks and liabilities of harmful light exposure, sleep deprivation and fatigue in extended hours and shiftwork operations.
Circadian Zirclight is looking for a self-motivated, high-energy creative problem-solver lighting application engineer with good people skills to assist in the development of an innovative lighting assessment tool for customized 24/7 workforce lighting exposure audits. He/she will work closely with our research and development team and industrial consultant team to support innovation from research to business services by designing and implementing the first rigorous light exposure risk tool for on-site testing of shift-workers.
This individual will be also required to travel to Circadian-Zirclight Luminaire pilot and permanent installation sites, to work with site staff to assess current lighting outputs, design installation and gather requirements.
Sites will vary from new construction where lighting decisions have yet to be made, to existing installations where a current lighting solution exists and will be replaced.
This position offers the right candidate to be on the ground floor of a cutting-edge business opportunity.
You would be based in our Boston headquarters office (located in Stoneham near Route 128 and I-93.
- 2+ years in LED lighting industry with Lighting Audit experience
- Experience with creating photometric layouts for existing lighting systems
- Familiarity with lighting layout software tools (e.g. AGi32)
- General knowledge of lighting standards for commercial building
- Familiar with using, modifying and/or developing data acquisition and data analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills,
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Willing and able to travel as required
- Working command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, or Diploma with relevant experience